Saturday, June 18, 2016

WIP with my RG Wing Zero EW ( ENTRY 2 ) a.k.a. Priming with Vallejo polyurethane Primer

One week later after my Work in Progress (WiP) with my Real Grade Wing Zero EW Entry 01 Iam finally able after hard night shift continue with my first Airbrush project. I learn hand in hand with my progress xD In this Entry I try to obtain nice white finish for all parts of my color scheme. 

But first things first. Some time ago I bought 200ml Vallejo Polyurethane White primer. I heard only good things about this product so why not try this one ? xD But I figured out several things.


See the difference between picture 1 and picture 2 ? Part on Picture 2 was Airbrushed direct from bottle with psi cca 15. I figured out that optimal settings are: turn psi on your airbrush to cca 25psi and add cca 20% water (so ratio primer:water will be 8:2) Mixing then flow better and dont leave ungly spots xD Anyway Vallejo Surface primer has selflevelling ability, thats meen that even if you apply primer like on picture above, color will follow texture nicely. I will take some photos tomorrow. I will let color dry for 24 hours and then I will check surface.


I apply only one light coat of primer. I dont want to Airbrush several hard coats until I reach nice white coat, I just want to apply only one fine light coat. I have two reasons why I use primer: primer prepare texture of parts for better adhesiveness of next coat of color and I want to apply Tamiya White color as next coat, so white primer will lower tone of darker parts and because of that I do not have to apply too many other layers of White Tamiya color.


Last weekend I applyied one coat of Vallejo primer and two coats of Tamiya Chrome Silver on outer silver parts. But after close look to some parts I figured out that I need to apply one coat more. SO today I applyied last silver chrome coat. Parts looks awersome, Iam pretty impressed with results.

No comments:

Post a Comment