Sunday, March 27, 2016

RG Z´GOK


Unboxing, Runners, Assembling, Panel-Lining, Hand-Painting, Decal application and much more about this awersome RG ZGok Gundam model by Bandai. Picture bellow simply show us what about this whole article is. Check out my latest build xD



In the end of the every day we have always some nice times with my fiancee, when we share various informations about various things. Mostly about things what happened during time when we were not together. But also about our hobbies, me about Gundams and my fiancee about Painting by Numbers. Probably that was time when I mentioned RG Z´GOK. My fiancee instantly sad that this one is cute xD And after some time later I saw this gundam under our christmas three xD I was sooo happy, thank you my love for this RG, I will build him with love xD

Blog of my fiancee about Painting by Numbers HERE. Pretty interesting hobby, when you like paintings check it out xD


Earlier I came up to that I want to know some more informations about gundams which I build, what they are for and out of which they are composed. This gundam is very agile and fast mass production mobile suit, which works under and out of water. Air cooling fan system out of water on foots and backpack keeps mobile suit cool.


Each of the Z´GOKs hands featured build in mega-particle cannons for precize aiming. Each of hand also included three-claws (my favourite), which are perfect for punching through the torso, so they are close-combat weapons. Z´GOK also has six missile launchers on the top of the head xD Pretty bad-guy xD


Lets check box at first. After my two previous RG Gundams I came up to that RG boxes are all the same xD As always very nice designed box with picture of head and whole body. Logo of Real grade line and Bandai can not be missing xD


Inner frame, articulation, Advanced MS runner, features, RG stickers and finished unpainted kit.


Possibilities of posing, price (2500 Yen), types of plastic (PS,PP,ABS), more articulation, monoeye and cockpit.


Number 16 in RG line, logo and accurate description.



Lets see what we have inside. When we opened box for first time we saw two really big runners full of various pieces. Runner A molded in pink, red and...ok you know what I will mention all colours of whole kit now because sometimes its hard to decide which colour is which xD Kit contains with two shades of pink, two shades of red, two shades of grey, white, light blue and brown. Nine colours we have here, pretty amazing. In runner A we have some inner parts, but also outer armor parts, clear parts and much much more, love this runner even now xD


Wow, another huge runner is named as runner C, so much stuff here. I forgot to mention that we also have silver colour here for turbines xD Look at this tiny lonely white part xD Like the shapes of this parts xD


E1 and E2 molded in one colour include only parts for outer armor. Like the colour difference between red and pink colour.


Another outer parts in nice red colour, or this is pink ? xD Runners D1 and D2 baby xD Maybe I will paint tiny little figure xD


Advanced MS Joint Runner B is the most complicated thing in box. I like the bulky design of inner foot frame and inner frame of claws. RG manual as always in colour with many usefull informations, Runner F with white claws and finally RG sticker sheet. In this case pretty small when we compare it with another RG Gundams xD


Enough for unboxing, lets assemble this beast. Iam really looking forward to build this beautyfull gundam.


Before Assembling I just check everything in the rate. So eight runners we have molded in nine colours. Assembly process begin with ankle units, then legs, body unit, backpack, arms, and last but not least nails xD Lets roll xD


Manual tell us that we should begin with ankle unit, but I want to be rebell for now, ehm. Anyway its better to start with Ankle unit, I dont want to made manual angry xD When I touched parts for first time I knew that this is RG for sure, pretty detailed stuff here xD.


Assembly process of Ankle unit start with rotation and some additional movement of Anvanced MS joint part. The we must attach one red part (A) but watch out, this part needs to be moved till end. Then we attach one nice red part (B), some turbines connection (C), ńice bottom details for panellining (D) and then we attach everything together (E).


Lower view is fantastic (F), even now I see some parts for additional painting xD And completed ankle unit looks amazing (G,H). I decide to paint front part in silver now, because this part is hidden and we cant slipping color during build process. I used Sharpie Metallic markers, my review HERE.
Final look is pretty nice (J), I always welcome additional details xD


Completed Ankle unit is pretty amazing! I did not expect so much articulation from this bulky looking thing xD


 I like front silver part, front red cubic armor too and lower turbine. Panel-lining opportunities its seen xD


Our next step is assembling Leg unit. I made photo under with purpose xD In the center we have complicated Advanced MS Joint Leg Unit after removing all nubs (quite a lot in this case). Articulation of parts of this thing is just amazing, simply I can say that everything move xD On the left of the Inner frame we can see some small parts for inner details and on the right are nice bulky outer parts xD


Assembling begin with applying little silver sticker and then one by one adding rounded parts to Inner frame. Because that upper part of foot can move like 360°, but with limitation of plastic of course xD


I like this design quite a bit, totally different from my previous builds. Also like rounded details on outer armor.


Lets add some colour to this. This build is full of contrasts, small parts with huge bulky parts, grey parts with nice red colour xD Knee looks sharp and dangerous xD


And here we have completed foot unit already with ankle unit. OK, this design has consumed me already xD I never expect such articulation from this bulky design, just wow.


Speaking about articulation I just made this picture for imagination purposes how exactly inner frame works when we compare it with completed foot unit. Look at small grey parts which after bending outer part poops out xD


Some views from various angles on bended foot, just some more articulation xD Look at that think xD


Finished Foot unit is really impressive, I added next picture from various angles just for preview purposes, isnt this peace feels like piece of art ? xD



Here there are, all parts for body unit. in the left I gathered inner frame parts with Advanced MS Joint piece. I like various shahes of red and pink for aouter armor. Different sizes of pieces is seen, same like with foot unit. Its good to mention that manual tell us that body unit is in this case body, head and waist together. But I decided to split my review to parts xD


First we need make some manipulation with Advanced MS Joint torso part, then we attach some inner frame parts for arm attachment. Then lower torso outer parts, white openable cockpit. Pretty fun with torso part xD


One bulky inner grey part with some nice details, back pink armor, front ventilation andfinally some thin front armor plates. Final body unit looks impressive, its moveable and cool xD


Some various angle-view of completed  torso of my ZGok. Front view is marvelous.



Lets look how head fits to overall design, this head is different from another gundam heads xD Balljoints ? No, dark-looking monoeye ? Yes please xD In the left we can see inner head with monoeye, some outer armor bulky part next and finally my favourite clear part for peephole xD


Lets start with pink monoeye sticker, then clear eye part. More clear parts, in this case peephole and finally outer head armor piece, with some really nice details. When we need rotate monoeye position, we must demount upper armor part.


There he is xD Head fits fo overall design like for sure. Six missile launchers on the top are pretty cool and this look is very savage xD



Inner frame Advanced MS joint part, Inner frame greyish parts, moveable waist parts, upper truster and some outer armor pieces, lets do this xD


At first we must attach one of inner frame parts, then Advanced MS Joint inner part, then independently moveable waist armor parts, then Belt armor with nice red colour and some back armor pieces.


Moveable possibilities are seen in first picture, some back view, side and bottom view of truster xD


Before I start assembling this RG ZGok Ive seen some pictures and videos of this particular model, bud hold this beast in hands is something different. Love this design quite a lot. When I put all this together I was impressed how this looks.



After week later its finally weekend and Iam able to catch some time for me and do some Gunpla stuff xD So lets assemble trusters at first. Six parts with some nice details and off course propeller xD


Assembling of trusters was easy thing, all parts came together pretty well. Like little proppeler detail and overall design.


And some final piece with various angles. I must say that at first I dont really like this trusters design, but now I completely change my mind right after I connect this piece to whole ZGok xD.


Look at this thing xD Trusters are moveable in limited way. We have some holes in the back of ZGok for that purpose.



Arm has pretty same design as Foot unit, all parts are similar with same colours, but Advanced MS Inner Frame is off course different xD Looking forward to see articulation of this thing xD


Same little pieces as with Foot unit, same type of articulation of grey parts, but movement of red part is awersome. This part popping out from inner parts, its beautyfull xD


Various views of Arm unit with some articulation in the end. This thing will be very cool xD



I decided to build three-nailed iron-nail at first xD First part is Advanced MS Inner frame part with some nice nail-articulation. One really nice outer armor red part and off course the coolest part of this kit iron nails xD 


Assembling is very easy and straight forward. Final Iron nail is fully articulated and we also can rotate it. In the centre we also have mega-particle cannons xD


There he is, Iron nails already attached to Arm unit, this thing looks like tail of scorpion xD We can also seen nice articulation of nails and arm unit. Design is just awersome !


This was the last part of the straight build of this RG ZGok. Lets made some pictures of whole kit and talk about pros and cons and also all features of this kit.


This Kit was really fun to build, when you want to try something different, than this kit is definitelly for you xD And word different is actually one word of explanation for this build xD Articulation has its limits, but design of this suit is designed like that. Overall look are superb, personally love every aspect of this suit. This kit is simply fun!



I can name this project as my first time modification of everything what I have done on this kit. I divide modification part to three sub-parts: Panel-lining, Detail-painting and Decal-applying.


I applied Tamiya Panel Line Accent Colour Enamel based colours on this kit. Black on dark colours, dark brown on red parts and grey on black parts. One mistake I made was fact that I used Enamel thinner for removing excess colour, that was a big mistake and my plastic change colour on places, where I applied thinner. Now I know that for this purpose is much better to use ZIPPO Lighter Fluid. More about that in this article bellow ( check edit after ).


Picture bellow show us difference between before and after Panel-Lining process. This kit dont have too much lines as another kits, lines just follow simply design of ZGok.



I always want to try hand-painting. I bought some basic Tamiya Acrylics 23ml and I just try them for first time on this kit. Not the greatest paint jop ever done, but Iam proud to myself. I added Tamiya chrome silver X-11 on claws and Tamiya Gun Metal X-10 on some grey parts, bottom of the foot, trusters and on six head missile launchers.


For propellers I used Sharpie Metallic Markers, but I think that in the future I will use only Tamiya Acrylic colours. Sharpies are good, but Tamiya acrylics works better for me.


For small grey parts I used my home-maded Alligator Clip painting sticks, which works great for any Paint-jobs.


Buying this colour was actually accident, but now Iam so happy that I bough exactly this one. Beautiful colour Tamiya X-10 Gun Metal will add great metallic details to this kit and fits great to this colour scheme.


Check this out, shinnyyyy xD For this detail works I used fine Brush with pointed end.


Extraordinary choose of applying Gun Metal colour, but I like how this came out xD


Shinny bottom piece of foot. Details came up pretty well. Its not hard to do Hand-painting, we just must have soft brush, thinner and a lot of patience xD Its neccesarry to apply 2-4 coats to archieve desired look.



I wrote whole article about my first-time decals applying, check articke HERE. I bought decals from SamuelDecal and I must sad that decal applying was really fun. Process adds huge amount of details to your kits and also process is relatively easy.


I applied all decals following manual plus I added some custom decals from MK-II.


All parts completed just before final assembling. Love this part of build xD


Just for compare purposes I added picture bellow. Such a difference. Now Iam proud to myself that I was able to make something like this, everything came up pretty well. In the end I added number 01, as my project number one xD 
















No comments:

Post a Comment